DREAM Tips For Your LifeJanuary 2, 2013 - Author: KishaLynn Elliott
Goals, resolutions, goals, resolutions…it’s certainly been a theme. I believe that the reason most New Years resolutions fails is the mistake made in only resolving to take on major changes as a new year approaches. There’s no magic associated with January 1 that flips our commitment switch! January 1 is a fresh start. But EVERY DAY is a new opportunity. Oh and making sweeping major changes? Honey, please! Do yourself a favor and implement a number of small, but meaningful changes that you can actually stick as time passes over the year.
Now that we have that resolved (do you see what I did there??), I want to share a few tips with you! I’m trying not to repeat anything I’ve already seen (and there was a DELUGE of goal tips circulating online and in email as 2012 wound down!), but these are tried and true methods that work for me!
DREAM Body Tips
- Put your workout clothes on every day. Donning those sneakers, regardless of how you feel about working out, drastically increases the chances that you’ll actually move your body. Getting dressed is half the battle.
- Look at your body everyday with appreciation. Stand before the mirror (clothing optional) and observe yourself without judgment, but with true appreciation from head to toe. Your body is more than its weight/size. Take a moment to appreciate all it does for you beyond the way it looks in clothes.
- Here’s a way to ensure you get that daily multi-vitamin down. Put it on your alarm clock. Each night, after you’ve set your alarm, set your multivitamin right on top of it! The closer to the SNOOZE the better. When it goes off in the morning, you have more than a reminder to take your vitamin. You have your vitamin! No excuses.
DREAM Life Tips
- Schedule meditation time daily. While some prefer to meditate into sleep, if you aren’t single, this can create distance between you and your partner. (Sorry honey, no snuggles tonight, must meditate). So I recommend starting your day with your meditation and visualization exercises, which may mean waking up 30-60 mins earlier than normal. Or, split your lunch hour: Eat for 30mins, meditate for 30 mins.
Midday meditation can be a great boost.
- Turn your bathroom mirror into a dry erase board. Get a dry erase marker, and write out your goals, your power affirmation, or even an outline of your D.R.E.A.M. plan. You can’t miss it throughout the day, and you can change it whenever you want, with no need to invest in a pricey whiteboard. Try it for a week and see how it helps keep you aware and focused on your desires.
DREAM Love Tip
- Write out a job description for your next date or relationship. Include a “company overview” describing all of the things that are great about you, your relationship mission and vision. Build a list of responsibilities-what you expect the relationship to do for you, the required criteria/qualifications/capabilities. Include how to apply–thinking through the ways you can be accessed and the questions that you need answered right away. You won’t necessarily publish this listing, but it will serve as a road map for your journey to love. BONUS TIP: Do the same thing for your next job. Watch what happens!
DREAM Income Tips
- Be genuinely grateful for what you have. When you check your bank balance or count the cash in your wallet say out loud: “Thank you for this $X.XX.”
- Expect and visualize having more. Two concrete ways that I do this: When I get receipts from the ATM showing my remaining balance, I visualize an additional 1 in the front and 0 on the end of the dollar amount number (before the cents) So, if I have $136.38, I visualize it for a moment as $11,360.38. On check stubs, I take a pencil and alter the amount by adding a 1 to the front and a zero to the end of the entire number, then I change the decimal to a comma. So, if the check stub says $1,000.00, it becomes $11,000,000! Visualizing that amount feels pretty darn good. I will usually express or write beneath it: “Thank you for this eleven million dollars! I am RICH! This Stuff’s Working!” NOTE: Do this on stubs only. Do NOT alter actual checks.
No Comments - Categories: Articles